What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (e.g. data/sales/pricing analyst);
- Data Analysis skills – working with large chunks of data, data extraction, consolidation and preparation;
- Hands-on experience in SQL is a must have;
- Experience and knowledge how to define key metrics for the further business growth;
- Ability to turn loads of data and numbers into meaningful and digestible stories, explaining the "why" behind the "what";
- Having an understanding of statistical methods;
- Having an understanding of eCommerce in general or classifieds business, in particular, will be an advantage;
- Exposure to cloud technologies, like AWS, Azure, etc. would be a huge advantage;
- Is familiar with data visualization tools and can turn quantitative insights into a story (previous experience with Tableau appreciated);
- Basic understanding of the technologies like Git, Jenkins;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Inquisitiveness would be a huge advantage;
- Proactivity, energy, enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Very good English skills (C1 is a must);
- Having an ability to analyze the data in Python or R - nice to have.
A typical day at OLX Group, in the role of Data Analyst, could include:
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources;
- Connecting the dots by synthesizing data from various sources to indicate monetization opportunities;
- Analyze data to discover trends and patterns, build forecasts & business strategy recommendations in areas such as pricing/ monetization, user behavior and revenue generation;
- Set, measure and monitor the meaningful metrics for the business;
- Analyzing and measuring the sales effectiveness;
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to senior management;
- Build ad-hoc reports and present them in a way that is easy to understand for both technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Actively participate in both local as well as regional data/analytics projects.
- The opportunity to work for the leading classifieds brands, a place that takes the best out of being a global company and bringing a nice local flavor;
- Work from the office in Bucharest or remote job from another city in Romania;
- Continuous investment in your development, through trainings. Also, the chance to connect for advice and inspiration to other professionals from all over the world;
- Complex compensation package (annual performance-based bonus, medical insurance, flexible benefits compensation);
- Friendly, curious and driven colleagues that get stuff done and consider that enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies;
- Cakes or other gifts. We like to get creative about them.
In Romania, we are 100+ people working for OLX, Storia.ro, and Autovit.ro. Currently from home, but usually from our cozy office in the center of Bucharest. OLX is the leader of the classifieds market, helping millions of people make the smart choice every day – creating more space at home, repairing a broken pipe or, just like you, finding the best job. Storia.ro, our real-estate platform, helps people find the place they can call home – for a while or forever. Autovit.ro is the market leader of the auto classifieds industry, connecting drivers to the car that will take them where they need and want to be.