Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- Experience in hospitality and working in kitchens a big plus (but not a must)
- A keen user of technology and experienced in troubleshooting problems with ease
- Strong analytic skills and experience in using data management tools such as Excel
- You are fluent in English and German
Our shared attributes
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- Track record of identifying problems, analysing options and deploying sound decision-making skillsYou are flexible and adaptable and comfortable working in a fast paced environment where change and ambiguity are the norm
- You have proven the experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
- With excellent communication skills you are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively and are experienced in building successful relationships at all levels from CEO to analyst
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
- You have proven experience in challenging and questioning the status quo. You enjoy suggesting and implementing creative and innovative solutions to improve the way things get done
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the team
The Operations team play a crucial role in taking responsibility for running the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites.
The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale. Once, key clients, the aim is to provide an immaculate service avoiding churn and increasing revenue.
Delivering outstanding Customer Support plays a major part in our ability to retain our customers on an on-going basis.
About the role
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a motivated and ambitious individual with a can-do attitude to join our driven Customer Support team. In addition to providing outstanding customer support, you will also have the opportunity to help collect and analyse key metrics about our business to be shared both internally with our department heads and Founders as well as externally with our investors. This role, therefore, requires strong attention to detail and a working understanding of excel and data analysis.
- Be a key part of our front line technical and customer support team
- Assess and solve any technical challenges faced by our clients within specific SLA’s
- Track all Winnow systems in the Europe region daily, while proactively contacting sites where technical challenges are detected
- Root cause problems and escalate common issues to the tech team in a structured manner
- Review and validate data and reports from kitchens using our technology
- Assemble metrics for weekly and monthly internal support KPIs
The Customer Support team within our Operations team are the lifeline to our sites. We believe in excellent customer service and put our clients at the forefront of what we do. This role is responsible for being the frontline support to our clients and ensure they are able to use the Winnow system to reach their food reduction targets. The role would be perfect for someone that loves problem-solving, proactively speaking to customers, and wanting to operate independently.
This entry level role should be seen as an amazing opportunity for you to join our organisation. We hope the successful candidate can grow and develop alongside us as we scale.
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through the internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like-minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where a healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.