Continuous Improvement Program Engineer
- Minimum graduate level or similar level education in a manufacturing or engineering discipline;
- Exposure of lean coaching project management skills and experience;
- Strong team facilitation skills, especially managing change, managing teams, coaching and training others;
- Demonstrate successful experience of working with lean tools and techniques - 5S, OEE, problem solving, Kaizen, 7 Wastes, Process Mapping/VSM, FMEA, Pareto and Ranking and Process Capability (cp and cpk);
- Hands on approach at all levels;
- Strong organisational & planning abilities;
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (especially shop-floor level);
- Excellent computer, analytical & problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines;
- Flexibility in location as may be required to transfer to another factory within the country.
• Degree level in building materials / concrete blocks processing or heavy engineering discipline;
• Experience within building materials / concrete blocks industry;
• Formal lean qualifications;
• 6 Sigma Black belt or similar qualification;
• Lead auditor assessor qualification.
- Coordination of the continuous improvement (lean) roll out program across the country;
- Training and coaching of teams in lean tools and techniques;
- Facilitation of improvement teams;
- Be a major advocate of the lean/CI/PIP+ ethos and methodologies;
- Development of continuous improvement projects from initiation through to delivery;
- Establish metrics and KPI’s to provide plant with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of lean activities
- Tracking of savings and benefits at local level;
- Prepare and keep up to date a lean/CI/PIP+ handbook/manual;
- Stay up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques;
- Build internal relationships across all departments;
- Consult and work with the Plant Managers and other heads of departments to assure appropriate participation and support;
- Be prepared to lead a number of projects involving hands-on interaction, good problem-solving techniques, generating enthusiasm and supporting the teams;
- Carry out daily GEMBA walks, checking & updating production boards.
Wienerberger - Innovation for 200 years Wienerberger is the largest manufacturer of ceramic blocks in the world and the largest manufacturer in Europe of facade bricks and ceramic tiles.
Our group's success story began in Austria 200 years ago. Today, the principles that guide the activity of companies mean much more than the production of brick and ceramic tile. Wienerberger is a listed company and currently owns 197 factories in 30 countries.