Ensure that purchase goods, materials and services and company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. You will hold responsibility for a specific project/region/business. You will deliver tactical activities of purchasing goods and services off of defined contracts with stated terms and conditions. Also may include occasional one-off negotiations for non-standard buys, low dollar volume buys or items that are not strategically sourced.
- Responsible for maintenance of purchase orders, monthly forecasting for suppliers, maintenance of key planning parameters, and reconciliation of invoice and purchase order issues.
- Obtains the best value for material. Best value is defined as a combination of: price, delivery, quality and service.
- Considers total cost of acquisition when making procurement decisions.
- Manages supplier performance to ensure site is working with the right strategic suppliers to support short and long term objectives.
- Takes assertive position with suppliers who are past due to ensure that every alternative is explored in able to improve past due delivery schedules.
- Creates commodity based sourcing strategies to ensure site is working with the appropriate vendors.
- Buyers should be able to weigh the sourcing strategies of the commodity team in EMEA or Phoenix as well as the specific needs of site and total cost of acquisition principles.
- Supports transition team to ensure project plans are updated and requirements on purchase of parts are defined and ordered so that support of the transition and follow-on schedules is secured.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.