The biotechnology engineer will actively manage all activities and resources (human and technical) related to the biological processes in the production site (enzyme and yeast production, enzymatic hydrolysis, ethanol fermentation), considering business needs.
- Manages biological processes of the plant according to the legal requirements, Clariant standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP´s);
- Establishes the production plan and the organization of shifts on responsibility areas;
- Creates bill of materials for managed processes;
- Ensures timely production (quantity, quality, cost and time);
- Prepare and review whenever necessary Standard Operating Procedures and production related documentation to ensure that technical and operational requirements are met;
- Provide support in efficient coordination and optimal technical conditions at the factory level;
- Follows the production plan on managed processes, analyzes and implements countermeasures to respond to process deviations;
- Provides know-how management: improving technology, optimizing costs and processes, coordinating with the Production Manager and exchanging information and know-how with German experts of the same profile;
- Training production staff on new or revised procedures;
- Assists Production Manager with continuous improvement, safe production, cost efficiency and the legal requirements’ observance;
- Ensures compliance with Clariant policies regarding safety and environmental aspects;
- Initiates and performs risk analysis and safeguard implementation;
- Is responsible for managing and monitoring performance indicators (KPIs);
- Is a member of the Local Emergency Management (LEM) Organization;
- Executes/monitors the Continuous Improvement Programs in costs, performance, quality, safety.
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries. Clariant’s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings.
We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.