Application Warranty Engineer - 233808
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or controls)
• Experience working with the installation and commissioning of high-tech electro-mechanical equipment, such as turbomachinery, at international customer sites.
• Alternatively, you have worked with the assembly or engineering of complex machinery at/for a production facility.
• Familiarity with the Power Generation and/or the Oil & Gas business beneficial
• Experience with structured root cause analysis of technical issues and problem solving
• Experience with working in multi-discipline (project) teams
• Experience with providing technical support from a distance, e.g. from an office location located in a different time zone than a customer’s site
• Track record of successful management of customer relations.
• Comfortable working with a variety of software tools and IT systems
• Ability to work independently in a responsible manner; demonstrating a strong willingness to take initiative to 'get things done'
• Business acumen with respect and solid understanding of schedule and cost constraints
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient English. Other language skills beneficial.
A snapshot of your day: Evaluate and investigate customers warranty claims relating to gas turbines and associated auxiliary systems.
How You'll Make an Impact:
• Evaluate and investigate customers warranty claims relating to gas turbines and associated auxiliary systems
• Coordinate and drive technical investigations toward final solutions and implementation on customer sites in close collaboration with engineering, material logistics, field service personnel and project management teams
• Clarify customer requirements and translate them to project management teams
• Participate in customer meetings to present findings, root cause analyses, and technical solutions
• Issue fault reports and notifications to R&D of generic product issues in order to prevent recurrence
• Prepare task lists, equipment & tools lists required for the implementation of remediation actions on site.
• Continuously develop own product knowledge and method competence for root cause analysis and problem solving
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits:
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.
About the Team:
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Within our Solution Organization we work on customized solutions for power plants, whether it is the most efficient conventional power generation, industrial application for process steam or heat generation, hybrid solutions including renewable energy and their integration or making big steps toward decarbonation with hydrogen producing plants or environmental friendly power generation on ships and barges.
Check out the video:
Who is Siemens Energy? At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.