04.04.1992 - prezent
Departament: financiar / contabilitate
Titlu Job: controller / cfo
- Oversee all financial, business processes, marketing, production, human resources and administrative affairs;
- Overall responsible for the financial operation, audit, taxation, accounting, monthly closing of books of record, account reconciliation and journal entries, according to US GAAP;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and management reports;
- Supervise, direct and support administrative department staff responsible for accounting, payroll, taxation, purchasing and human resources;
- Maintain and update IT infrastructure to support company wide growth;
- Secure financing by tracking, measuring, evaluating, and forecasting financial results, identifying needs and trends, analyzing capital needs, managing deposits, negotiating credit with banks, brokers and insurance companies.
- Conduct financial analysis to identify profit improvement opportunities by studying business opportunities;
- Protect assets by providing physical asset insurance coverage, establishing, auditing, and enforcing internal controls, arranging for and participating in external audits, managing legal counsel;
- Analyze business trends and daily operating controls;
- Develop plans, budgets, to guide management decisions by analyzing variances;
- Monitor spending and initiate strict cost containment approaches;
- Control and minimize risk exposures;
- Coordinate fixed assets and inventory acquisitions with Procurement, Management and Manufacturing centers;
- Monitor capital expenditure versus approved budget;
- Coordinate and prepare year-end review with independent auditors;
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions;
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures;
- Authorize agreements by representing the organization with financial institutions.
I was recruited initially by JIT Packaging Inc. to straighten out the accounting and financial aspects of this company and challenged to develop procedures to record current activity. Troubleshot and problem solved with non-accounting personnel and formalized and re-engineered procedures to ensure proper operation and control of documents and operation processes.
- Developed annual budgets with operating departments and monitored operating costs. Conducted financial analysis and identified profit improvement opportunities by studying business costs. Recognized spread of customer base as main reason for profit drain but also as opportunity for growth. Evaluated options, identified needs and trends, analyzed capital needs and based on interpretation of results recommended course of action: expansion of plant facilities and product lines. Secured financing by negotiating credit with banks by evaluating, and forecasting financial results. As a result, over next five years I coordinated the establishment of 4 new companies with 6 distribution warehouses in 4 different states boosting market penetration and revenues.
- Developed and implemented computerized infrastructure to support company-wide growth from staff of 10 and sales of $4 million to staff of 97 and sales of $45 million.
- Negotiated 3 separate revolving lines of credit and secured a total of $10 million to improve cash flow and fund future growth.
- Implemented computerized and standardized accounting systems at location which empowered management with data to improve profits and enabled centralized financial reporting.
- Initiated annual plan review process and strengthened accountability by partnering with district managers in all business units.
Instituted new inventory control systems that minimized excess inventory, system that resulted in increased profits.
- Develop plans, budgets, to guide management decisions by analyzing variances, and initiated corrective actions.
- Protected assets by providing physical asset insurance coverage, establishing, auditing, and enforcing internal controls, arranging for and participating in external audits, managing legal counsel.
- Complied with regulatory fiscal requirements by approving and filing returns, paying taxes.
- Developed and enforced policies and procedures.
- Represent the organization by communicating and interacting with governmental agencies