As a member of the Gabriels' team, you as a QA Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining manual and automated quality assurance testing methodologies and systems to ensure the performance, accuracy and stability of software applications.
The ideal candidate:
• develops deep understanding of the currently employed technologies, data models, application functionality and development process
• assesses and advises with best practices for enhancing application quality in terms of development process, release and support
• recommends methodologies and software for automated testing and defect tracking
• participates in full cycle development of the software systems, including initial consultations with the internal or external client, for the purpose of understanding the scope of a project
• prepares test designs based on documented requirements and meetings with Project Management and Development teams
• develops regression, quality assurance, and validation scenarios, tests and plans to ensure that the product meets the requirements and performs all required functionality correctly
• creates and maintains lists of known test defects
• analyzes results, draws conclusions from test results, and makes recommendations
• communicates application errors and issues in a clear and concise manner
• has experience writing comprehensive and easily reproducible bug reports
• is motivated by making customers happy
• bachelor's Degree (Computer Science/Engineering discipline)
• demonstrated ability to write test specifications
• ability to write and maintain automated tests
• organized, hands-on approach and sense of urgency
• ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person
• ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives
• familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
In addition, candidates possessing experience with the following skills will be given priority consideration:
• writing automated test cases using standard tools
• build automation experience
• experience using Visual Studio, Visual SourceSafe and/or SVN
• experience testing web applications utilizing ASP.NET pages, AJAX techniques, SOAP protocols, and web services
• experience working in an Agile development/testing process
• experience working with distributed teams (across different geographic locations and time zones)
- Motivating compensation
- Be a part of a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
- Work using cutting edge technologies and architectures
- Opportunity to work with big clients in the US (e.g: Sothebys Realty, The New York Times Company, Hearst Newspapers, etc.).
Founded in 1994, Gabriels Technology Solutions, Inc. is a leading technology provider specializing in architecting, developing and maintaining online portal solutions, including real estate, vehicle, employment and marketplace.
Gabriels areas of expertise are focused on providing quality design and development of web-based software applications, excelling in user-centered design, information architecture, usability, database development, data analysis/manipulation and hosting within mission critical environments. Gabriel's executive management team includes veteran E-commerce professionals, supported by a world-class development and programming team. This is a winning combination for those searching for advanced online portal technology, service, and expertise in the media industry.