As Piping Designer you have fairly broad and challenging tasks. You are responsible for making all possible detail- and plant drawings. You are able to independently create isometrics from P&ID’s and take care of Material Take-Off (MTO). You are able to handle a large workload and able to achieve a high rate of production (“bulk work of ISO production). Of course you are also able to check and evaluate the information from other disciplines within the organization, and also from clients or suppliers. You will supervise junior designers and drafters if necessary. You are able to take on site measurements and sketches.
Description of Tasks
- Conduct necessary fieldwork inclusive of walk downs of current systems, locate tie-ins and measuring;
- Prepare piping design sketches as required by drafting personnel;
- Check piping drawings developed by drafting personnel;
- Ensure performance of staff members is in compliance with established project standards;
- Complete isometric drawings and piping layout as needed;
- Ensure to complete pipe component and run detailed drawings as necessary;
- Review project parameters related to piping requirements;
- Develop preliminary Bills of Materials with respect to piping design;
- Administer technically to outsource function as required;
- Interpret and administer various Pipe Material and options;
- Provide assistance to sales and contracts for proposals.
- You need at least a degree in Mechanical Engineering on the Secondary Vocational level (in The Netherlands: MBO level degree), supplemented by a minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant work experience as Designer within a professional engineering environment;
- You have knowledge of the international codes , standards and regulations and discipline related software;
- You have extensive experience within the oil, gas, (petro)chemical and/or tank terminal industries, mostly with onshore projects;
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD 2D is a demand;
- Experience with Bentley Autoplant 3D is a preference;
- Personal characteristics you stand for are: quality, customer orientation, flexibility, discipline, teamwork and stress resistance;
- You are able to communicate in and handle the English language fluently in writing, reading and speaking;
- You are in the possession of a valid “Basic Elements of Safety” (VCA Basic) certificate or “Elements of safety for Operational Supervisors” (VCA VOL) certificate, or are willing to get this certificate on short notice after taking an exam in English.