REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven management experience within a senior logistics role
• Experience in the first tier automotive manufacturing sector
• Ability to manage staff at differing levels.
• Strong communication skills – very customer focused.
• Ability to assess and upgrade procedures and systems.
• Strong commercial knowledge
• A team player.
• Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or other related field
• Demonstrable experiences in logistics function
• Knowledge of manufacturing and quality systems, quality management standards (QS 9000/ TS 16949)
• Skill in using MS Office, MS Project, SAP,
• Strong capability in organization, communications, problem-solving, and people management skills
• Organize, control all logistics/ supply chain activities of the plant with the aim of obtaining a maximum contribution to profits through process optimization and use of resources (flow of materials, value, information)
• Plan, optimize, control all logistics/ supply chain process and their results in order to increase the economic value added
• Select, manage, assess and promote employees
• Provide active support and implement a site logistics strategy, to achieve worldwide strategy goals and secure maximum productivity, process and cost targets
• Develop, initiate and implement strategies, process improvement and productivity measures, taking account of different objectives, in order to secure the plant objectives and guarantee efficient co-operation with suppliers
• Assess particular risks and market opportunities in order to avert possible damage
• Benchmark supply chain process and key data and take part in project work/ working groups, in order to use best practice for continuous improvement
• The Supply Chain Manager is responsible to head the supply chain management activities in the Company.
• Lead & Drive the development and implementation of a Master Production Schedule and the measurement of ‘Production To Plan’ and manufacturing cycle time. Oversees and provides direction to supply planning process which requires effective interfaces between sales, production and raw material procurement. It also requires good and timely communication and coordination between departments
• The LM shall be responsible for the development and implementation of supply chain policies and strategies to ensure operational plans and methods will deliver the requirements of safety, customer satisfaction, working capital management and productivity.
• The LM has direct responsibility for the supply chain functions. Providing clear targets and direction for improvement initiatives and must initiate and implement new concepts. .
• Monitor and maintain optimum level of stocks, storage capacity planning, storage conditions and environment, and create inventory reduction initiatives. Play a key role in developing and implementing effective warehousing solutions to minimise costs.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of logistics service providers to ensure operative excellence and continuous service quality and cost improvements.
• Ensure pre-scheduling to achieve on-time shipments and total customer satisfaction. Enhance delivery modes to achieve the lowest delivered costs.
• Drive the principle of continuous improvement through the creation of appropriate customer service measurements and KPI’s that measures performance.
• Responsible with the relevant cross-functional teams for the improvement of current forecasting and production planning processes. Define production inventory requirements with internal customers.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR POSITION
These are the key behaviours required by staff to undertake their roles. All roles will potentially require competence in each of these; however the key 5 or 6 should be identified and linked to the performance appraisal process. Staff are expected to work within and meet the requirements of these organisational competencies and continue to develop their own personal competencies.
Once you have identified the relevant competencies tick the relevant ones identified for this specific role.
Driven to succeed
Gets results and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Sets and exceeds challenging personal targets. Both Team and Individual focus.
Development of others
Demonstrates the desire and initiative to encourage and support the development of one or more employees. This includes the ability to challenge and address poor performance, as well as recognising and applauding good performance.
Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen to & understand the customer both internal & external; anticipating & providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
Adaptability to Change & Manage change
Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people
Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non verbal) adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Provides information readily to team members within the area & to other members within the section.
Health, Safety & Environmental Awareness
Good understanding standing of their responsibilities and duties with respect to the Health, Safety and Environment of the business. Actively encourages and promotes safe working practices in their actions and those of their teams.
Actively encourages and promotes the principles of the Employee Charter through their actions
Creating and achieving a desired vision for the Organisation through influence on organisational values, individual group goals, reinforcements and systems.
Takes responsibility for own actions and makes decisions without referring to others. Acts on own initiative
Fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit. Shares his/her knowledge & experience with others. Encourages and listens to the views and ideas of his/her team
Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause - effect relationships.
Technical & Professional knowledge
Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical & professional skills / knowledge in job related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in our area of expertise.
Planning & Organising
Establishing a course of action for self and / or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources
Is focused on concept of always looking for potential improvements, opportunities to develop and proactively working towards achieving those improvements.
Post Title: Logistics Manager
Reporting to: GM
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
To manage the logistics function in such a way that Magna’s’ commercial position is secure in terms of goods brought into the business and parts sold to customers. To enable the company to develop and maintain effective long term relationships at the right levels in customer organisations.
The job holder will have a significant degree of freedom in terms of establishing meaningful operational links with customers. The role holder must have a close working relationship with Purchasing.
The role holder will need to ensure that the customer is kept supplied, and that finished goods and raw material stock levels are kept to a minimum. He/she will need to maintain strong working inter-departmental relationships to ensure that achievable production plans are established that fulfil the demands of our customers and remain within Magna’s commercial remit.
The role holder will need a proven track record in a senior logistics or materials management role preferably in the automotive sector, who is able to establish working relationships at senior operational levels both within and outside the organisation. . Qualifications relating to logistics would preferable and a good understanding of JIT techniques and material provisioning systems is desirable.
To be successful in this position, the person should have a desire to further a career in Supply Chain Management. This position will give the individual an opportunity to participate in the overall operation of the Organisation. They must have:
• sound business understanding
• good organisation and communication skills
• good mathematical aptitude
• knowledge of MRP/ERP/SCM/JIT/Kanban philosophies, practices and techniques,
• Good PC skills (Microsoft Packages, SAP)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Self motivated and able to work autonomousl
• Awareness of 5S disciplines (preferred).
• Recognised Engineering Qualification (preferred).
• Logistics experience within the automotive industry
Context and Environment of job
The company assemble and supply Interior and Exterior trims world wide to the automotive OEM’s. As a consequence the company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
The company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of expertise for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Interior/Exterior product.
Magna strive to ensure fairness to all its employees in line with its unique Company Charter.
You would be situated in an open plan office, with a team of fellow professionals, working within a fast paced manufacturing environment. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work